Sunday, May 1, 2011

getting shot at

I'm at a gas station and I'm driving my mom's Nissan Pathfinder. I leave the car parked on the sidewalk of the gas station, across from this house to go do something.


It's awhile that I'm away from the car, then suddenly I'm back in the car but in the back seat and the car is parked by the gas pumps now. These 2 older men (mid 30's to 40's) are standing right by the car. I get suspicious so I make my way to the front seat and close the door, telling them "Excuse me" because they were in the way. They look at me funny and say, "Look, it's not our fault that your car's messed up. We didn't do anything."

So I drive the car up to a parking spot and get out to see what they were talking about. The car is totally damaged and ruined--it looks like it's been in a fire! It's not even my car. I realize someone stole my car and replaced it with this junky one. This other family is there and is trying to calm me down [I'm obviously freaking out like no other]. For some reason, they hand me the baby to hold while they try to help me figure things out. The 2 older men from earlier are not really helping, making comments to make me feel like it was my fault.

Finally, the dad of that helpful family tells me that right across the street where I parked the car, the house is actually where a doctor lives and works from so he has a security camera....facing the exact place where my car was at!!! I get so excited. But something in me realizes the 2 older men were the ones responsible for my car getting stolen. I get scared they'll take the cameras later in the night or break into the family's home and steal the tapes, so I stupidly say "I want the tapes, right now.."

1 of the suspicious men pulls out a gun and points it at my face. I cringe and hide the baby in my arms, putting my head down. The whole family is scared and gets on their knees. I apologize profusely, saying "I'm sorry, please please, have the car. I won't report it. I promise. Please don't shoot us. Don't do this, please. You can have the car."

He laughs cynically. Meanwhile, the doctor's family is standing by the door, wondering why all these people are in front of their house. The gunman tells me, "You're going to go inside the house and rob them. Tell them "Fuck you, I want your money", do it.. now". I'm still holding the baby and I approach the front door. This older Asian lady answers, I enter without asking, telling her the baby needs help, that he's in pain, etc.. I look back and the gunman tells me to say it otherwise he's going to shoot everyone. I tell him I can't do it and he starts pointing the gun at them, I tell him "Ok, ok! Don't.. I'll do it".

The old Asian lady comes back and when the gunman isn't looking, I quickly tell her, "Please call 911, but not until after I leave." The old Asian lady, of course doesn't listen to me, and heads to the phone so I grab her and tell her to stop. I look at the gunman, which has now turned into my dad, and he's getting ready to come in. The old lady grabs a necklace and goes into the living room. I'm thinking that maybe this is a sign of emergency in their house and someone else will call 911 in another room. But noooo, she comes back with it and goes to the phone. [Freaking Asians..].

My dad (who's now the gunman) realizes she's calling for help, he starts shooting at the family but misses. He comes into the house and starts shooting. I hide under a desk. He looks around then finds me hiding under. He's shooting at me but I keep dodging the bullets. He's reloading his gun and I run to the side door and unlock it but I can't seem to open the door. It's jammed and won't open. My dad points the gun at me.

And then... I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment