Friday, May 27, 2011

douchebag

I'm at a restaurant with my boyfriend. A woman joins our table because the restaurant doesn't have any more room. She's waiting for her boyfriend. I'm casually talking to her and then her boyfriend shows up and sits down next to me, so I start talking to Alex.

As I'm talking to Alex, the woman's boyfriend [whom we shall call Douchebag from now on] starts talking to me softly. He's talking about his meal or something and I awkwardly laugh it off. The haha-I-don't-really-care-just-leave-me-alone kind of laugh. He continues trying to talk to me and he leaves the table for a moment. I turn to the woman and tell her she needs to be careful because her boyfriend is a total douchebag. She replies with, "Yeah, I know, I just.. I don't know.." And Douchebag comes back to the table.

I'm talking to Alex and Douchebag keeps trying to whisper in my ear, asking me to go to dinner with him. Finally, I say, "Excuse me, I'm trying to talk to my boyfriend here."

He says something and then he kind of hits me on the shoulder. Not a playful hit, but like a fine-I'll-show-you-if-you-don't-want-to-listen-to-me hit. I punch him and I stand up. So does he. He looks like he's about to hit me again. I can't believe this. I yell loudly, "Get the f*** off me you a**hole! How dare you hit me!!!" so that I can get the attention from the restaurant staff maybe so they can kick him out, but no.. nobody moves.

So finally, I take my sweater and tell Alex we're leaving and sitting somewhere else. He has a camera in his hand and says, "Ok.. go ahead" as if he's filming this whole scene for fun. I'm ready to storm off but Alex is still seated.

And then... I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment